Highland Devil by Celeste Barclay | ARC Review

Series: The Clan Sinclair Legacy, #6
Traits & Tropes: highlanders; everyone sees it but them; childhood friends to lovers
Publication Date: 08.08.23
Genre/Setting: Historical; Medieval; Scottish Highlands 
Heat Level: 4
Rating: 5 stars!
 

Tate Sinclair has a great deal to live up to thanks to his family’s name and fearsome reputation. As his clan competes with others during a large Highland Gathering, Tate’s lifelong friend comes to him for help during a moment of crisis. This distracts Tate from his pursuit of a woman he believes is unattainable for him anyway and draws him into politics and intrigue he has little patience for and leaving him to try to help his friend and examine his own feelings before the Gathering ends and everyone returns home.

Lady Adelaide Grant is just as oblivious to her own feelings, believing they will not be reciprocated. She’s also busy trying to protect her friend from a political intrigue that could ruin her future and that of her clan.

Brought together by their respective friends’ circumstances, Tate and Adelaide must cooperate to try to set things to rights. They’re also thrown together by others who see what they cannot, but just as they are finally coming together, they find themselves under threat by the manipulations of another.

Tate and Adelaide were both so adorably clueless about their feelings for one another, though their connection was obvious to anyone who observed them. I thought it was adorable that they each feared the other may not be interested. I found Tate’s tendency to worry and try to prepare for the worst to be so relatable. I struggled a bit to keep everyone straight because the Sinclair family is enormous and I haven’t read the older generation’s books, but I didn’t care about any of that because I was so invested in the story. I don’t want to say much more and risk spoilers, but I really enjoyed this book and I’m looking forward to seeing what’s next in this series. I couldn’t help but root for Addy and Tate and for the first time in months I can say that I didn’t want to put a book down.

I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own. 

https://www.bookbub.com/reviews/474443083
https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/5708762946




Comments