Then I Met You by Matt Dunn | ARC Review

Series: Standalone
Traits & Tropes: blind date; opposites attract; humorous
Genre/Setting: Chick-lit/Contemporary
Publication Date: 08.06.19
Heat Level: 3/5
Rating: 5 stars

Lisa doesn't have the best track record with dating and seems to be attracted to all the wrong guys. Despite her poor luck, she still believes fate has someone wonderful in store for her and maintains hope. Simon has found the love of his life and subsequently lost her. He's just getting by and would prefer his friends didn't meddle in his life. But of course, his friend Will can't help himself and tricks Simon into meeting Lisa for a blind date, courtesy of the local newspaper. Will these two hit it off or be yet another failure in the column's mismatches?

Firstly, I may be a bit biased because I've read nearly everything Matt Dunn has written and always snag his new releases. I adore his wit and humor and he's always been one of my favorite authors. While this is not my favorite of his, mostly because I really didn't care for Lisa, I still really enjoyed it. It was hilarious, awkward and charming, much like life itself. Plus there were some very hopeful and also poignant overtones in this that I vastly appreciated. I'd say Matt hasn't let me down yet and I'll keep dutifully reading his work.

I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

44303989

Comments