Series: Rescued from Ruin, #9
Traits & Tropes: damaged heroine; tortured hero; law enforcement hero
Genre/Setting: Historical; Regency
Publication Date: 08.02.19
Heat Level: 4/5
Rating: 5 stars! One of my favorites!
| After her tortured past Miss Hannah Gray simply longs for a normal life as other girls have, without fears holding her back. She's finally healed enough under the kind care of her half brother, Phineas Brand, the Earl of Holstoke, to create her own normalcy. Her sister-in-law, Eugenia, encourages a husband hunt of sorts beginning with a house party hosted by the formidable Lady Wallingham. But when Hannah encounters Jonas Hawthorn there, her progress in healing and her fragile heart are threatened. The intimidating wolf of a man nearly died protecting her a year previously and desite her attraction for him, she pushed him away out of fear. Now his presence at the house party threatens everything she worked for. Soldier turned Bow Street Runner Jonas Hawthorn had thought never to again cross paths with the icy Miss Gray. But no matter. He just needs to locate some stolen property for the Dowager Lady Wallingham and he'll have enough money to set himself up with land and servants of his own. He just has to stop thinking of Hannah and avoid her at all costs. He fails spectacularly at this and soon realizes Hannah has no intention of staying out of his way either. But these two have more to contend with than just their feelings for each other. Both carry deep scars from their pasts and must work through them while deciding what is worth risking for love. Y'all I loved this book. I've been through several lately that were just ehhh but this was fabulous. I love tropes like this where the main characters both have damage to deal with and must work and grow together. This was my first read from this author and I don't even care that I started at the end of the series. I definitely can't wait to read the rest now. I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own. |

Comments
Post a Comment