Forbidden Alliance by Diana Cosby | ARC Review

Series: Forbidden, #4
Traits & Tropes: titled hero; on the run; protector; revenge
Genre/Setting: Historical; Medieval; Scotland
Publication Date: 08.06.19
Heat Level: 3/5
Rating: 4/5 stars

Determined to reclaim his birthright from his conniving, murderous uncle, Sir Cailin MacHugh has returned to his ancestral home to fight for the Earldom of Dalkirk. After his uncle ordered his death at sea, Cailin was saved by, and subsequently joined, the Knights Templar. Now with their support and that of King Robert the Bruce, Cailin can defeat his uncle once and for all. What he doesn't count on is the beautiful girl who has also demanded his help.

Elspet McReynolds has seen her parents murdered, her home burned, and her stepbrother imprisoned. When she tries to rob the wrong man in an attempt to gain coin to save her stepbrother, she finds an unconventional protector.

But as Elspet and Cailin are betrayed at every turn, it seems likely they won't even survive, much less be together. Even if they were to succeed, Cailin must still return to fight for Robert the Bruce, leaving them in a dismal situation indeed.

I didn't care for Elspet much at first, but she grew on me eventually. I loved Cailin and his struggles with his sense of honor and the unfamiliar feelings he develops for Elspet. This one was full of danger and betrayal, plus some great romance, and I enjoyed it.

I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

Comments