Barbarous by Minerva Spencer | ARC Review

Series: The Outcasts, #2
Traits & Tropes: damaged heroine; widow; single mom; tortured hero; reformed rake; pirates
Publication Date: 10.30.18
Genre/Setting: Historical; Regency; England
Rating: 5 stars!

This is one of the most well-written books I've read in quite some time and I loved the unique analogies I found in it. When you read as much as I do, it can sometimes get a bit repetitive, but this one was very original. The hero of this story is Hugh, a baron-turned-pirate who has returned from the dead, complete with a mysterious past and a determination to get to know our heroine more intimately. Daphne has quite a few secrets of her own and tries to do what she sees as the right thing by staying away from Hugh, who has quite a colorful history with women, and she refuses to be another conquest for him. Hugh turned out to be one of the sweetest, most sincere heroes I've read, and was actually very likable. There was also some plotting and intrigue going on here in addition to the romance and sexual tension that made the book un-put-down-able. Highly recommended.

I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book.  All thoughts and opinions are my own.

38530696

Comments