The Vampire's Temptation by Cecelia Mecca | ARC Review

Series: Bloodwite, #1
Tropes & Traits: enemies to lovers
Publication Date: 01.24.19
Genre/Setting: Contemporary/Paranormal; Pennsylvania, USA
Heat Level: 3/5
Rating: 5 stars!

Honestly don't even bother reading the review, just read this book. You won't regret it.

Feuding Scottish/English border lords turned blood-cursed vampires, Kenton Morley and Lawrence Derrickson are still on opposite sides in modern day Pennsylvania. Kenton wants to destroy and human of the Cheld bloodline, descendants of Lawrence's late brother, and the only ones capable of killing old vampires, but Lawrence wants to protect them. In the small town of Stone Haven, Pennsylvania, the two clash once again over the fate of Alessandra, a college history professor and a Cheld who is just about to discover her powers. Both men warn her away from the other and she doesn't know who to believe, but her newfound powers are encouraging her to believe in herself and her own instincts. Kenton finds himself drawn to Alessandra and not just to kill her; he has to keep reminding himself that she is his enemy. Kenton is burdened by his conscience, but determined to eliminate the threat the Cheld poses to his family and he reminds himself that no Cheld is innocent. The Cheld are responsible for the deaths of his parents, so Alessandra must die. His body just doesn't want to cooperate, and, though he won't admit it, neither does his heart.

I'm not typically a fan of paranormal, but I love Ms. Mecca's writing so I jumped at the chance to try her new series. I loved it! I could not put it down, literally devoured it in a day, and am now anxious for the next installment. There were a couple points where I felt like I'd missed something and needed to go back and reread, but I read an ARC, so I'm sure this will be sharpened up in the final draft. Even if it isn't this is still a great read that should not be missed; even if you're not a paranormal fan, I'd recommend you give it a shot.

I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book.  All thoughts and opinions are my own.

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/2664103773



Comments