Series: Half Moon House, #4
Traits & Tropes: titled hero; heroine with a past
Publication Date: 05.06.19
Genre/Setting: Historical: Regency; London, England
Heat Level: 4/5
Rating: 5 stars!
Hestia Wright has lived a troubled life and now strives to help other downtrodden women at Half Moon House. She's fulfilled by her work and is determined she'll never want another man. John, the Earl of Stoneacre, is under pressure from his parents to marry a young debutante and secure the succession of their marquesate. But he's too busy with his work for the Prince Regent to settle down just yet, despite his prevailing loneliness, and even if he were, Hestia is the only woman he wants. He admires not just her beauty, but her strength and resilience. Unfortunately she's made her indifference perfectly clear and Stoneacre is determined not to push her.
The Prince Regent has now directed Stoneacre and Hestia to work together to recapture the patently evil and treasonous Marquess of Marstoke and ensure he doesn't escape this time. They're unsure of each other at first but trust begins to develop between Hestia and Stoneacre during their dangerous mission and, given the many obstacles between them in the real world, the greatest risk could be to their hearts.
It has taken me a shamefully long time to get around to this ARC, but I'm so glad I finally did. This was a new to me author and I loved her writing. This book had suspense and a lovely couple in the main characters. Stoneacre was just so pure and sweet in his determination to be with Hestia and despite being scarred and afraid of her own vulnerability, Hestia was a mature heroine and their relationship was handled very well and without angst. I enjoyed this book as a standalone, but I was definitely missing a lot from the previous books. This was a lovely book and I now plan to go back and check out the rest of the series and more of this author's work.
I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/2833000385
The Prince Regent has now directed Stoneacre and Hestia to work together to recapture the patently evil and treasonous Marquess of Marstoke and ensure he doesn't escape this time. They're unsure of each other at first but trust begins to develop between Hestia and Stoneacre during their dangerous mission and, given the many obstacles between them in the real world, the greatest risk could be to their hearts.
It has taken me a shamefully long time to get around to this ARC, but I'm so glad I finally did. This was a new to me author and I loved her writing. This book had suspense and a lovely couple in the main characters. Stoneacre was just so pure and sweet in his determination to be with Hestia and despite being scarred and afraid of her own vulnerability, Hestia was a mature heroine and their relationship was handled very well and without angst. I enjoyed this book as a standalone, but I was definitely missing a lot from the previous books. This was a lovely book and I now plan to go back and check out the rest of the series and more of this author's work.
I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/2833000385

Comments
Post a Comment